Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What is the Purpose of the Mystery Penguin Attachment? — Parallax Forums

What is the Purpose of the Mystery Penguin Attachment?

Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
edited 2011-05-19 10:11 in Robotics
I see Erco one mystery gripper and raise him the Mystery Penguin Attachment (MPA)::

Penguin 1.jpg
Penguin 2.jpg

Being a software guy and not a hardware guy, I some how let the magic smoke out of the thing I was going to use with the MPA. Still the MPA is useful, but any one care to guess what it could be used for?
1024 x 1104 - 75K
1024 x 768 - 49K

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-05-18 05:58
    Did you damage your Penguin board? If so, please contact me at dandreae@parallax.com and I'll see what I can do to get you a replacement.

Dave
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2011-05-18 07:16
    No the penguin is fine. The mystery module smoked when I used it elsewhere. I'll send you an e-mail because it is a Parallax product and I'm not sure why it failed.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2011-05-18 07:42
    That there is a nifty Say-It module backpack. Looks cool.

Duane
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2011-05-18 07:52
    Duane just knocked it out of the park! That is exactly what I was planning to use it for. It will also adapt any two pin AppMod socket module to work with a Penguin.

But wait there's more! With the addition of two pull up resistors it's a Penguin I2C bus!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-05-18 08:36
    Oprah's TV show wraps up next week. There may be an opening for a new reality show called "Guess what I glued to my Penguin".

What else you got? iPod? Robot arm? A big screen? :)
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2011-05-19 10:11
    Martin_H wrote: »
    But wait there's more! With the addition of two pull up resistors it's a Penguin I2C bus!
    No one has been able to get the Penguin I2C bus working so this would be a great accomplishment. I believe you will get this working!

Using the Say-It module with Penguin will be a fantastic project! If you also backpack a prop chip as a speech synthesizer, you could carry on a limited conversation with Penguin in English.

I can just see the setup now with Penguin on drained batteries:

Martin: Penguin, move forward.
    Penguin: No
    Martin: Penguin, turn right
    Penguin: No
    Martin: Penguin, sleep?
    Penguin: Ok