Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GIR......Generally Intelligent Robot — Parallax Forums

GIR......Generally Intelligent Robot

th3jesterth3jester Posts: 81
edited 2011-05-13 09:20 in Robotics
He is not always intelligent, just sometimes.

Goal: Build a small ground robot with the ability's to recognize speech, generate speech, and learn. It will have one robot arm with about 4 axis of motion. The robot arm will have several sensors, pressure, heat, color, edge, light, ect... This will be similar to a human's 5 senses. I plan on using 3-4 Propellers with one being the master control. 1 Prop used for motor commands (drive wheels and arm). 1 Prop for the sensing elements. 1 Prop for the speech recognition and generation (using a SpeakJet IC). It will have an XBee attached for wireless control and data viewing as well as SD Card for data storage/verbal storage.

Completed so far....
Frame, motors, motor drivers (differential, soon to be variable speed). Just received the SpeakJet. Driving tests.

Lot's to be completed. I plan on putted a head-like "cap" on the top that can rotate with several colorful LED's just to give him some flare.

The robot arm will be able to pick up objects, analyze them, and hopefully come to an accurate conclusion of what it is. i.e- "Did I pick up a beer?"......"Yes, I will bring to my master"....

Since my Quad-Copter is basically done I need some other project to keep me busy.

I'll keep this thread updated as GIR grows up and develops.

Comments