Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
can the FlashFly wireless system be used for the propeller? — Parallax Forums

can the FlashFly wireless system be used for the propeller?

PatentBotPatentBot Posts: 6
edited 2011-09-26 07:21 in Accessories
The description for the system says it can be used with other microcontrollers. Does it work with the propeller?

Comments

• Kevin CookKevin Cook Posts: 159
    edited 2011-05-11 10:30
    It should be able to, but it would take some Firmware customization of the XBee. This has not been done YET, but I think there are some clever people out there that will set it up. Please post any progress made on this, as it would be a very nice feature.

In the mean time you can wireless program the Propeller with the XBee; see this link for the AppNote.
  • Daniel HarrisDaniel Harris Posts: 207
    edited 2011-05-11 13:52
    Somewhere during my travels, I came across a document that describes how to implement 3BP (which is what the Propeller uses for boot up firmware loading through pins 30-31) across the xx232 asynchronous serial standard.

i.e. = programming the Propeller through with XBees/Flashfly. I think its just a matter of reading that doc, figuring some bit timings, adjusting the XBee's settings, and wiring the FlashFly to the Propeller properly.
  • FredBlaisFredBlais Posts: 370
    edited 2011-09-26 06:55
    Any updates on being able to wirelessly program the propeller?

Thanks,
    Fred
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-09-26 07:21
    FredBlais wrote: »
    Any updates on being able to wirelessly program the propeller?

Thanks,
    Fred

Fred,

Phil has done it with the Xbee:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?127780-Upload-Prop-programs-via-XBee&highlight=upload%2C+programs

Jim