Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop to prop with a xbee help! — Parallax Forums

Prop to prop with a xbee help!

ScoutScout Posts: 4
edited 2011-05-11 23:27 in Accessories
okay, I am a total newbee. I have a decent amount of experience with the basic stamp, and here I go jumping in to the propeller!

I want to start by being able to press a button attached to one propeller, then transmit that signal to another propeller to get an LED to turn on, then press it again to get it to turn off.

I have the 2 propellers and xbee modules, but I have no idea how to make this happen.

I know this will be simple for someone out there to explain!

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-05-08 20:42
    If you look at the bottom of this page there are "similar threads" that might be of help
  • ScoutScout Posts: 4
    edited 2011-05-09 14:56
    I did all of the research, and was able to hook up both xbee's and both propellers. What I did not realize was that I was missing the adapter to go from the Xbee directly to the PC USB. I tried to run it through the Propeller to test it with the X-CTU program, running the serial pass through spin program, but the PC was not able to find the Xbee. I will report back after I get the USB adapter and try it.
    Any other tips are welcome!!

Thanks!
  • ScoutScout Posts: 4
    edited 2011-05-11 23:27
    Thanks Daniel!! This has been an exciting project so far! I can't wait to see how it develops, and I will be sure to post the project results as it progresses.