Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS-2 / LCD340x240 Simple Question. — Parallax Forums

BS-2 / LCD340x240 Simple Question.

Radridz3Radridz3 Posts: 49
edited 2011-06-10 17:39 in BASIC Stamp
About a year or so ago I did a Dual Temp 1 wire Display for my boat on a little 4x20 Display which works perfect . It now has 3 Temps. Time /Date , Eng. TRim. BUT Here's the big question. My dash is Cnc'd out of Poly carbonate and The bs-2 display is behind for Weather proofing. Its on the Left,((( workin on gettin pics for ya guys. )))) and will post in projects area if anyones interested. So on the right side of dash is my GPS/fish finder which is also behind .....The fish finder uses a 340x240 Display inside of it which says its board>>>(((SHARP x1460CP>>>>>))) 12Pin Ribbon cable with Aux ac baclight. I recently found the same board in a old commercial treadmill. And pulled it. I want to build a new dash with this incorporated in on the left instead of the little 4x20... I have looked everywhere for a Datasheet or Pinout or anyting to work with. I dont have the other PCB's from the treadmill so I cant trace it on my own. And I really don't want to waste this good free find. Just think full glass boat dash YAAAAAAAA... OK back on track....
I have looked at other sharp 340x240 display datasheets but none are a match. If your knowledg-able.....with display's anyone's 2 cents would be appreciated. Im not worried about writing new code it shouldn't be a problem>>I just dont wanna ruin this perfect match. BEFORE YOU ASK...I have another graphic dispaly this size but the backlights don't match so thats why I wanna use this 1......OH and I use Modern Devices LCD117 Serial Controllers. Not parallax....I've had 2 of them fail,,screens work but controllers where dead. I think they can't handle the shock of boat racing. So I went with LCD117 and no problems yet. AND not to knock Parallax by any means they did send me 1 new 1 for free......Thanks J.Hess

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2011-04-29 21:58
    This was a nice display. But like all good things, They seem to end production.
    '
    Have you tried this link. c-x.iclocator.com/X146_X1460CP_X1468X1468X1468_X146MAX1460. html
  • Radridz3Radridz3 Posts: 49
    edited 2011-04-30 08:11
    Ya I have yahoo'd it and what not. IcLocator doesn't sell this board so that link is worthless. They do show the GP board but its not the same. The internet doesnt have any good reference for this board. Thats why I need to find someone that can give me some display low down.
    edited 2011-05-29 20:25
    Anyone else have any info for the pinout on this board. Still having trouble but i did trace my powers and stuff but data and signals are still unknown.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks
    edited 2011-06-09 19:17
    YO IM HAVING TO BUMP THIS. My hole dash projects on hold till i can figure out pinout.............Backlight and power are solved but unsure on data pins.....and so on. Any help out there. This is a pretty basic display. Pictures will be posted this weekend ..Thanks
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2011-06-09 19:53
    Is this device of yours based on the KS0108B and KS0107B?
    I have some LCDs of that sort salted away, I was going to do an SX-based interface, but other things come up.
    You're kind of short on specifics.
    This guy had this most cogent presentation on that (aforementioned) chipset:
    http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/lcd/gfxintro.htm

It may be a tough nut for the BS2 to crack.
    I think if somebody'd been down this road with the BS2 would've seen this, likely. Sometimes you're the first and you get to "invent science".
    edited 2011-06-10 17:39
    Yes it is based on that data. and the link you sent is perfect Im wiring it up as we speak. To check if it functions properly.