Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need help with F-51824FNF-SLW-AE ipod screen.(Beginner) :-) — Parallax Forums

I need help with F-51824FNF-SLW-AE ipod screen.(Beginner) :-)

JueXMONUMENTJueXMONUMENT Posts: 6
edited 2011-04-27 16:10 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to make it work with my BS2 if possible.

Have no budget, as of now, but any ideas will help.

If someone has already made code for it, I would appreciate a link download.

Parts:
- BS2 home work board
- 9v battery
- F-51824FNF-SLW-AE ipod screen
- Some scrap parts from other electronics(I don't know what for sure)

P.S.: I'm a beginner at coding and electronics. :-)

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-04-27 14:00
    This is not a practical project. For a start, the BS2 is too slow and has too little memory to handle a screen this size. You might be able to interface this to a Propeller, but it is absolutely not a beginner's project. If you have to ask for help, you've got no business getting into this. Learn programming and basic digital and analog electronics first, then maybe come back to it in a year.

The Stamp and the Homework Board are excellent ways to get started, but with educational materials like Parallax's tutorials.
  • JueXMONUMENTJueXMONUMENT Posts: 6
    edited 2011-04-27 14:33
    Thank you. :-)
    edited 2011-04-27 14:47
    Thank you.

Is there a way to add a bigger EEPROM?
    edited 2011-04-27 15:00
    No. There's no way to use a larger EEPROM. You can attach a larger EEPROM to a pair of I/O pins and use that EEPROM for storing data, but you can't use it for storing a program and the routines needed to access this EEPROM would take a lot of room in the existing 2K EEPROM. Other Stamp models have larger EEPROMs, but the extra memory is not treated as an extension of the existing 2K. What you get are additional 2K areas that can be "switched in" to substitute for the existing 2K or they can be used for storing data.
    edited 2011-04-27 15:02
    What type of screen would you recommended then?

Edit: Thank You Mike you have been very helpful to me.
    Glad you responded to my post. :-)
    edited 2011-04-27 15:11
    It depends on what you want to do with it. I've used something like this and it worked well for displaying small amounts of text and graphs. You could also use a Propeller Backpack with a small portable TV like the 7" one made by Axion. 4D Systems who make the first unit mentioned also make larger displays. There's a link to their website on the Parallax store webpage I cited.
    edited 2011-04-27 15:17
    Debug text is what I wanted to display, if possible?
    edited 2011-04-27 15:35
    Look at the displays that are in Parallax's webstore. Also look at Seetron and MatrixOrbital. Pretty much anything with a serial interface would work nicely.
    edited 2011-04-27 16:10
    Thank You Mike. :-)