Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to connect BS2 to a remote device — Parallax Forums

How to connect BS2 to a remote device

Nana YawNana Yaw Posts: 2
edited 2011-04-26 07:39 in Accessories
I will like to learn how program my BS2 to that I can control multiple devices remotely. I will like to communicate with the devices through wilreless communication. How do I go about it?

Comments

• graffixgraffix Posts: 389
    edited 2011-04-25 08:59
    Nana Yaw wrote: »
    I will like to learn how program my BS2 to that I can control multiple devices remotely. I will like to communicate with the devices through wilreless communication. How do I go about it?
    You'll have to decide which form of wireless communication you'd like to use.Infared (remote controll)RF (radio frequency)or through a wireless network using x'bees.These all have some level of difficulty and cost maybe you could explain a little more to narrow choices down.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-04-25 10:40
    can control multiple devices remotely
    This needs further explanation also.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-04-25 15:44
    There are two tutorials that can help you. There's one on IR communications called IR Remote for the BoeBot Robot and another one about the xBee transceivers. Both are downloadable from Parallax. Start with the Downloads page. Click on the Downloads button on the main Parallax webpage.
  • Nana YawNana Yaw Posts: 2
    edited 2011-04-26 07:24
    Bellow are further explanations to the project that I have in mind:
    1. The wireless medium I want to use is radio.
    2. I will like my program to control a generator placed at a remote area so that with a click of a button, the generator will turn on or off.
    Thank you.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-04-26 07:39
    What kind of distance are you talking about? Why do you need a BS2 rather than just a transmitter and receiver? What would the BS2 do?