Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RPM program for Tachometer — Parallax Forums

RPM program for Tachometer

JWHopkieJWHopkie Posts: 1
edited 2011-04-24 17:37 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I am new here and am having a bit of a problem getting a program to pass syntax for my tachometer. I would appreciate any and all help that anyone is willing to offer on this project. I have had a good time playing around with the IC but now it is time to make it work. I am not going to post the program untill I find an interested party to help as it is a bit involved and don't want to take up too much space here if no need to. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2011-04-20 05:15
    I can't see the code for a tach being too expansive.

You'll certainly get more help by posting.
  • vaclav_salvaclav_sal Posts: 451
    edited 2011-04-20 11:47
    Can you at least post the command line and the syntax error ?

It may be something very simple for someone else to catch right away.
    It is not uncommon to get too involved in programming and miss something very obvious..

In future - not to worry about taking space here - you can always delete it later if necessary.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-04-21 20:34
    If you "ATTACH" your code using the advanced attachment manager it takes up little space. Try it.
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2011-04-24 17:37
    Is your tach for a car, or are you checking RPM of some other rotating machinery? If it is the latter, one of the coolest tachs I ever saw was an optical tach that used a white LED, and you tuned the LED so that it seemed to "freeze" the rotating machinery. Then you just read the frequency of the flash on the display! VERY simple program there!

Let us know what you are trying to do, post your existing code... we're happy to help!