Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret getting hung up after failing to load a resource — Parallax Forums

Spinneret getting hung up after failing to load a resource

FinnCAFinnCA Posts: 11
edited 2011-04-18 17:59 in Accessories
I have temporarily solved one of the problems with the spinneret (loading PNGs) but there is another problem which I have not solved. When the spinneret fails to load a resource requested by the client, it goes into a non-responsive "mode". Any ideas?

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-04-18 11:09
    You're not really giving us much to go on here. Is this resource on the SD card? If it is a file, what's the name? What is a non-responsive "mode"? Is it one of the statuses? Do you know the state of the status register at the time of the issue or do you have the last received header?

I find that lockup are usually caused by something I did. Debug your code?
  • FinnCAFinnCA Posts: 11
    edited 2011-04-18 11:44
    When I go to the page in the browser, if I click on a link before the page finishes loading, it gets hung up. Also if the server fails to load a file it gets hung up. The resource is the files being stored on the SD Card. I don't have any content hard coded. The file could be any file with any filename (all my filenames are 8.3). The non-responsive mode is where the server will not respond to a request, in other words I have to press the reset button on the spinneret before it will respond again. As far as statuses go, it never shows the "resets the socket" status.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-04-18 12:10
    I monitor the status register. If the status register for socket...n has not reset by x seconds then do something like reset or try again. If no data is received in x seconds, do something.
  • FinnCAFinnCA Posts: 11
    edited 2011-04-18 17:59
    That is what I was thinking about doing. I saw you have posted some new code yesterday, does that code include the method you mentioned in your last post? I will try your new code now.