Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a Basic programmer Subcontractor for an estimate on my project. — Parallax Forums

Looking for a Basic programmer Subcontractor for an estimate on my project.

oculardoculard Posts: 2
edited 2011-04-17 10:42 in BASIC Stamp
I've been playing around with the basic stam home work board and have reason to believe it is capable of being the brains for my machine. If you can follow me here it goes- The mechanics are a servo (that moves to a point at one speed then goes back to the starting point at a faster speed,i figured out how to do this but can't tie it in to the other functions) a motor (that runs only as the servo is in first translation and stops as soon as the servo reverses) and a vacuum pump with vacuum sensor (i need it to be at a certain vacuum (28 Hg) so that to allow the servo and motor to operate. The servo and motor need to have an initial test button hit to check that they are functioning correctly (full servo traversion and retraction and properly running (one way one speed) motor. After the servo and motor have been tested i need a second button to activate the vacuum pump until it reaches proper pressure (sensed with a vac sensor of some kind, perferably the smallest possible). Then if the vacuum gets to proper pressure and the servo and motor have tested ok, i need a button to (one time) run the servo and motor sequence. The easy things i also need (and could probibly program myself) are red/green led to indicate if the servo and motor tesed well (green) or (red) if there's something wrong with them, and if there was something wrong with any of the components (servo, motor, vacuum pump) the unit would not allow the run button to work and a red led would stay lit. For the main motor i already found a suitable (brushless) motor/controller combo that came from my 1/36 scale micro RC car. Im hoping it would be easy to control an input power to it to make it run at a constant speed. If it's to involved that way i could easily use another (brushed) small motor. I know this is not the simplest of progects and have no problem paying the right person to take care of my needs and most likely further questions and possible ideas if the proper operating specifications are not reached. Also if some other type of controller is needed or what. I can describe better on the phone. Thanks

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2011-04-17 10:42
    To have two post on the same subject is not allowed

In you other post I have some comment to what you want to do
This discussion has been closed.