Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with PIR security project!!! — Parallax Forums

Help with PIR security project!!!

BarbatmnBarbatmn Posts: 2
edited 2011-04-18 13:41 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to make a motion sensor security alarm with a keypad to disarm. I think I may have bit off a little more then I could chew because I dont even know were to start.

I would like it to count down when motion is detected from the PIR and activate a siren. I have a 4 x 4 keypad that should turn off alarm when 4 digit code is entered.

If anyone can help with how I should write the code for this I would greatly appreciate it.

-Mike

Comments

• bill190bill190 Posts: 769
    edited 2011-04-17 06:35
    I would suggest starting by first learning to program each separate part of the program. (Walk before you run.)

Maybe start with just a push button switch as an input. And an LED as an output on another pin. Write a program which makes the LED light when you press the button. Hint: IF that input EQUALS something, THEN turn on the LED.

Next figure out how you can wait a bit after the button is pressed before the LED lights.

The above is quite a bit of learning / reading on its own if you are new to all this.
  • BarbatmnBarbatmn Posts: 2
    edited 2011-04-18 11:44
    I am not new to this. I am doing all of this for a college course. I have been through the entire book and I am working on my final project. I figured out the PIR and the siren (even though it's not as loud as I would like). I'm just having trouble with the keypad.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-04-18 13:41
    I wonder what would happen if you typed basic stamp matrix keyboard in a Google search?