Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
xbox360 joystick button modification with a basic stamp — Parallax Forums

xbox360 joystick button modification with a basic stamp

lftrpllrlftrpllr Posts: 1
edited 2011-04-15 19:57 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to use a basic stamp to automatically truncate (cut off) the signal from a pushbutton micro switch as quickly as possible. Maybe as quickly as 1ms or if not, how fast thcould this be done? I was wondering if this could be done with some sort of cheap relay. If so, is there something that would respond in 1/60 second?

You may ask, why would I want to do this? I want to be able to press the same button again as quickly as possible without actually releasing the button. If the signal is cut off automatically for me, I can register the same move again with another switch. Hopefully you can see where I'm going with this, it is a sort of modified legal turbo that could be used for tournament play.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, any input is very much appreciated.

-wes

Comments

• Kevin CookKevin Cook Posts: 159
    edited 2011-04-12 10:46
    Oh man another modded remote player that I have to take down on Modern Warfare!

The BS2 should be able to do what you want. But I won't give you ideas for this one...Haha!
  • Dr.ZaiusDr.Zaius Posts: 16
    edited 2011-04-15 19:57
    Interesting Concept......I think even if you did make the fast button you might still have the problem with the Game "Code" since it only would register an input at a certain of a degree Ex. say 5 milli sec......meaning that you still have to Hack the Timming in the Game through its Console or through a 3rd Party software......(Valve Inc. Counter Strike Source) is an excellent example on this kind of game code timing hack....where certain wepons fire at faster speeds than what they were intended or damage done is over increased or the famous variety of Aiming Bots that help you play like a god...... if you would like to make a custom controller: like putting Gyros, wireless capabilities, and moded buttons on an "airsoft gun" your gonna have to make the hardware and use "Glove Pie" ( I think) to integrate the code some how to the Game that you want....meaning undertanding CPU programing and electronics......but I am thinking of PC based games where code is more available, not Wii, PS3, and such consoles...........go for it!!!!