Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Software stucture — Parallax Forums

Software stucture

joemacjoemac Posts: 9
edited 2011-04-07 23:48 in Accessories
ARC Energy Monitor
We were able to get the WebPageDemo to serve pages. And also able to "personalize" the page
in the code.

I need help but here what's up... We're making this energy monitor that has a 4 ch A to D converter that can be queried by the web. List of software objects might include - Serial Terminal, Basic I2C driver, W5100 Indirect driver, s35390a RTC, SD datalogger, ADC driver, Top Object File named EnergyMon ..
These objects already exist in a fashion and I think it is really just a case of"massaging" the code
of the individual objects and then integrating them under the top object.

This is how I think the software might flow,,, An external ADC provides 4 channels of values

these values are read and averaged by ADC code, these values are placed into theSD datalogger,

The s3590aRTC code provides date and time stamp to the data logger, once written into the
SD card the data is available to read and used by the " page creation" portion....

Am I on the right track? Please comment! Can you help with a portion of the code?

I'd like to thank everyone who helped get us serving pages, in a couple of weeks we hope to have the Spinneret "hosted" so everyone can see. Visit our project page - http://solargold.webplus.net

Joe - Webmaster

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-04-06 06:45
    Your user story seems valid. Be careful of the log file size.

Feel free to post your code if you need help troubleshooting.
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2011-04-07 21:01
    joemac wrote: »
    ARC Energy Monitor
    We were able to get the WebPageDemo to serve pages. And also able to "personalize" the page
    in the code.

I need help but here what's up... We're making this energy monitor that has a 4 ch A to D converter that can be queried by the web. List of software objects might include - Serial Terminal, Basic I2C driver, W5100 Indirect driver, s35390a RTC, SD datalogger, ADC driver, Top Object File named EnergyMon ..
    These objects already exist in a fashion and I think it is really just a case of"massaging" the code
    of the individual objects and then integrating them under the top object.

This is how I think the software might flow,,, An external ADC provides 4 channels of values

these values are read and averaged by ADC code, these values are placed into theSD datalogger,

The s3590aRTC code provides date and time stamp to the data logger, once written into the
    SD card the data is available to read and used by the " page creation" portion....

Am I on the right track? Please comment! Can you help with a portion of the code?

I'd like to thank everyone who helped get us serving pages, in a couple of weeks we hope to have the Spinneret "hosted" so everyone can see. Visit our project page - http://solargold.webplus.net

Joe - Webmaster

Just a thought, you should post this as a reply to your entry. Half the info on your site should be posted on your forum contest entry too. Makes it much easier for people to help you out. If you're going to ask for code help, post your code, schematics, etc... without it I don't think you'll get much response.

If you don't mind, what A/D board are you using? What are your plans for pins on the Spinneret?

Those are great objects to get started for your project. My advice, albeit fairly obvious is to get your web page working, and then get your sensors working, then data-logging, then displaying variables. Break it down ya know?
  • joemacjoemac Posts: 9
    edited 2011-04-07 23:48
    OK I'll switch to my original thread and expand it. Hope to get more time. We're making our own a to d board, should be ready to try 4-8-11. We're trying to Input into
    schematic capture for PCB. But first we're breadboarding a couple using Parallax daughter board. The OBEX provides an object for it. Uses AUX1,2,3 or pins P25, P26, P27
    on the Propeller Chip. MCP3204 IC is used, available from Parallax. By the way I ordered parts in the morning and got them the next day, regular first class postage.
    Back to soldering... can't get these kids to build it...... now switching to American River College Energy Monitor thread....