Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motor Mount and Wheel Kit (#27971) w/ HB-25 Motor Controllers speed issue — Parallax Forums

Motor Mount and Wheel Kit (#27971) w/ HB-25 Motor Controllers speed issue

richardmynorichardmyno Posts: 3
edited 2011-04-05 08:27 in Robotics
I'm using the Motor Mount and Wheel Kit on a robot, and I want to regulate the speed. The issue is that when I do so the motor suddenly starts going the other way. It seems this only happens when the speed goes from max to zero and when starts again it rotates the different direction. .This does not happen when I just use one speed, but only when the speed varies. I've reversed the wheel and I don't think this has any effect on it?
Thanks

Comments

• Kevin CookKevin Cook Posts: 159
    edited 2011-04-05 08:27
    It's probably the commands you're sending the HB25.

I assume you are using Mode 1?

Mode 1 Communication
    In this mode, a single pulse value sent to the HB-25 can control the HB-25; no “refreshing” is necessary,
    as is the case with a servo. For compatibility however, you may send the HB-25 pulses every 20 ms just
    like a servo and it will function the same.
    There is a hold-off time of 5 ms where the HB-25 will ignore incoming pulses. As a result, the unit should
    not be refreshed more frequently than about 5.25 ms + pulse time. Pulse time can be anywhere from
    0.8 ms to 2.2 ms. If the HB-25 receives a pulse outside of this range, it will temporarily shut off the
    motor until it receives a valid pulse.

Can you post the code you are using?