Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Working with Say It Module.. Please help us... — Parallax Forums

Working with Say It Module.. Please help us...

jljkstudentjljkstudent Posts: 2
edited 2011-05-05 09:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I'm working on a project using the Say It Module and Basic Stamp 2 Module.

The point of my project is to control a "text-input based adventure game" using voice command.
The game is written in C, and as of right now, it takes in input such as "go north" or "use bomb" and the character moves around in the maze, fighting monsters, trying to get to the finish line.
I want to use the Say It Module to play this game via speech.

Right now, I've downloaded Say It GUI 1.1.5, connected Say It Module to my laptop, and followed the instruction manual that came with Say It Module.
I've recorded and trained all 15 commands needed for the game into 5 different groups.
Some groups have index 0,1,2,3 and some others just have index 0.
I've tested with my partner and the device recognizes all the commands fine.
Within the group, whatever I say, "blinks".

Now my next step is to generate the codes.
Following the manual, I've clicked "Generate Code", then saved it as Basic Stamp file, opened it using BASIC Stamp Editor v2.5.1.
Now, what I don't understand here, that's not explained in the manual is,
what is exactly generated here?
I was expecting different codes to be generated every time it recognized a different command but I don't understand what is generated by clicking "Generate Code".

The manual says:
Once the program is opened in the BASIC Stamp Editor, there will be portions of the code that
will indicate where you will place the commands that will be used with the trained words. You will
see a PAUSE 1 with “'-- write your code here” comments.
What do I need to write at “'-- write your code here”?

Basically what I need to do is,
when Say It Module recognizes "walk east"
I need the text "walk east" to be inputted to the game.
When Say It Module recognizes "use bomb"
I need the text "use bomb to be inputted to the game, and so on.

Can someone help me with this problem?
Thank you so much for your interest.

Comments

• xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2011-05-05 09:54
    Without seeing your code as generated it would be difficult to say for certain, but I am guessing that the code that should go after the PAUSE 1 would be something along the lines of a SEROUT command to whatever interface you're using to talk to the game? Again, just a guess, but my guess is the code that goes in the blank would be, perhaps, SEROUT, Pin, Baud, ["Walk East"} ... unless I am completely not understanding your question, which would again be helped by posting some of the code as generated by the GUI.

Dave