Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EasyADC - call for feedback - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

EasyADC - call for feedback

2»

Comments

• lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2011-04-12 14:57
    Great, I look forward to it. Is the scaling (right shifts, I presume) the same on both channels? (Note that with those pins chosen, cog 0 would be the ideal for reading channel B, while cog 7 would be best for reading A.)

Oh, another question...does the cross-talk disappear when using the original 2-channel ADC object?

Jonathan
  • PerryPerry Posts: 253
    edited 2011-04-12 15:05
    lonesock wrote: »
    Great, I look forward to it. Is the scaling (right shifts, I presume) the same on both channels? (Note that with those pins chosen, cog 0 would be the ideal for reading channel B, while cog 7 would be best for reading A.)

Oh, another question...does the cross-talk disappear when using the original 2-channel ADC object?

Jonathan

The origional had a squarer interference your averaging seems to work.

In Phil's SW Radio code he does some work to align phsa and phsb because phsb was loaded later.
    I don't think that should affect the Easy ADC though
                  mov       phsb,_90deg             '  the other to the quadrature offset.
                  add       phsb,rb                 'Then adjust the phase by 4xNCO freq
                  add       phsb,rb                 '  to account for frqb being loaded
                  add       phsb,rb                 '  four clocks later than frqa.

edited 2011-04-12 15:43
    Ok I tried other pins. I think there is crosstalk, but it is in/near the stereo earphone jack that I normally use to connect the propeller to the outside world.

Thanks, gotta make dinner now.
  • davidsaundersdavidsaunders Posts: 1,559
    edited 2011-04-23 19:06
    Perry:
    Thank you again for this.
    As soon as I can figure out Sample and hold, I intend to modify the Poor Mans DSO to sample faster, and then attempt to capture live VGA video to SRAM.
    edited 2011-05-06 07:18
    OK, some thoughts about Easy_ADC

davidsaunders:

If you really want high speed input, consider using a high speed successive approximation chip. read the data using the "sweet spot ina to hub transfers".
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?130648-Sweet-spot-INA-to-HUB-Byte-Transfers-(6MB-s-or-48Mbit-s-1-COG-96MHz)

lonesock:

When I first saw your schematic I thought "great balanced inputs"!

not sure that changing gain externally is that useful, scaling and offset is enough for me.

I like rayman's http://www.pulsedpower.net/Applets/Electronics/SigmaDeltaADC/SigmaDeltab.html

to show the ADC schematic and values. With that in mind I have added vMax and vMin values to the config file for the conversions to voltage display.

I have moved schematic's to the config file.

I am now working on a trigger mechanism. My present thoughts involve another cog that increments a hub variable when the trigger is activated. That way you could detect missed triggers.

We also need a time out on the trigger mechanism to prevent the whole app from hanging.

Perry
  • lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2011-05-06 08:33
    Cool. As for triggering, I have a couple of ideas floating around, but no time to try them out yet. There are some fairly simple ways to avoid locking the application as well, the easiest being to kill the cog and restart the ADC if you don't get a response in the desired time. I'm a bit busy right now, but should have some free time next week if you have any features you'd like me to add.

Jonathan