Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropScope Software and Windows 2000 — Parallax Forums

PropScope Software and Windows 2000

pgbpsupgbpsu Posts: 460
edited 2011-04-04 06:48 in Accessories
I just purchased a propScope and only after downloading the software figured out that it wants at least Windows XP. I searched for the requirements before purchasing but wasn't able to find them. Unfortunately, at the moment, the only windows machine I have is an old VAIO laptop running Windows 2000. When I start the propscope software it complains about not being able to set the DLLs, saying plugins may not work. I suspect I'll be fine if plug-ins don't work but can I trust the basic functionality on this old laptop?

It's a very nice kit and the propscope itself is a beauty. Very nicely done. I'm looking forward to working through the text that came with it. I just hope I don't have to buy another machine to use this device.

Thanks,
Peter

Comments

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2011-04-02 16:43
    Hi!
    I haven't tested on Win2000, but based on my experience with my ViewPort customers, I suspect that you'll be fine- everything "should" work like it does on XP and up.
    Let me know how you go!
    Hanno
  • pgbpsupgbpsu Posts: 460
    edited 2011-04-04 06:48
    Hi Hanno-

Thanks for the info. I will hopefully have time and cause to use it later this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Peter