Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
headphones — Parallax Forums

headphones

buckeyebuckeye Posts: 2
edited 2011-03-24 14:13 in Accessories
I am wanting to build a simple transmitter/receiver for a pair of headphones and I am totally new to wireless. I am hoping I can get some help and suggestion. I am Looking for info on board layout, programming the transceiver and any other information I can get. Can someone with limited knowledge build a simple trans/receiver? I can solder, I build headphones etc. Thanks

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-03-24 08:49
    Let's start with why you want to build the headsets rather than buy. What are your parameters? Frequency, power, range? Specs on the headset you plan to make wireless (datasheet)?
  • buckeyebuckeye Posts: 2
    edited 2011-03-24 14:13
    The reason I am wanting to build rather than buy is for durability and proper fit. I metal detect and everything I have found for wireless is not durable enough and nothing is the right fit as far as a transmitter for the detetor.

I already build headphones. I am looking for an ecenomical way to make them wireless and hoping with my skill level I can do so.

I want something simple, nothing fancy. something simple that will connect the detector to the headphones. no mic etc.

I am thinking the 2.4ghz. I have done some experimenting with bluetooth and serious lag. From what I have researched 2.4 ghz is the best option.

Range is not an issue as always within a few feet of the metal detector.

I would like to be able to get 10 hours of operating time before recharging.

I dont think the specs matter on the headphones. I can build them however needed.