Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LabView Interface — Parallax Forums

LabView Interface

maadmaad Posts: 28
edited 2011-04-20 18:55 in BASIC Stamp
I'm a newbi with LabView, but I'm trying to interface it with my basic stamp. Can someone direct me to a good tutorial on how to achieve this?
Regards...

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-03-17 15:00
    You can use serial communication. On the STAMP that's the SEROUT and SERIN commands. The PBASIC Editor's Online help has everything you need to get started.

From the STAMP's point of view
    SERIN = waiting for data from LabView
    SEROUT = sending data to LabView

You'll need to write logic that tells the STAMP what to do with the data. Same goes for LabView, you need to write logic and handle serial I/O.
  • HEYLAHEYLA Posts: 1
    edited 2011-04-20 18:55
    Following up on Mike G's reply...

From LabVIEW's point of view, utilize the VISA functions to configure a serial connection, read/write, close, etc. Review the myriad example code snippets installed with LabVIEW (look for Find Examples in the pull-down menus). Another good source is the "Support" and/or "NI Developer Zone" tabs at www.ni.com. Here's a link to an easy-to-understand serial example: ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/epd/basic_serial_write_and_read.vi . Once you get the hang of it, explore the many available property nodes (optional) to fine tune what you're trying to do.

:thumb: