Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Capability — Parallax Forums

BS2 Capability

cjovel1231cjovel1231 Posts: 1
edited 2011-03-09 10:30 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I am new to electronics and I need some help figuring out if BS2 is the right microcontroller for my project. In my project I need to use and accelerometer (memsic 2125), the parallax GPS module, the easy bluetooth module also from Parallax and some small components like LEDs and a speaker. I already have the BS2 project board so I want to know if it will be able to communicate well with these parts. If it doesn't can you please tell me what should I use. Should I buy the propeller?

Thank you very much

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-03-09 10:26
    The BS2 can communicate with all of these devices. Whether it will be able to communicate well depends on what you want to do with them and what "well" means for you. The BS2 is slower and has less memory than the Propeller (particularly for variables) in addition to having only one processor. Whether that's important or not depends on the details of your project.
  • vaclav_salvaclav_sal Posts: 451
    edited 2011-03-09 10:30
    It will depend on how "real time" critical is your application.
    As simple as this - if your speaker needs to operate to indicate rapid changes in acceleration - pretty much same time - single "thread" processor like BS2 will not do without software switching between functions. And that takes time. Even software build "state mashine" style , likes BS2e would be a challenge.
    I think Propeller folks will say - use Propeller in time critical application.