Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
can BS2 IR modulated pulsetrain decoded from sony proto control my sony tv — Parallax Forums

can BS2 IR modulated pulsetrain decoded from sony proto control my sony tv

DONALD TRACHTADONALD TRACHTA Posts: 1
edited 2011-03-08 13:30 in BASIC Stamp
i tried to send a FREQOUT modulated sony protocal pulstrain from my IR led BS2 to my sony tv and han no control to change to channel i used 38kHZ varying frequency program from pg 89 understanding signals sent a sony pulstrain from the stamp to my sony tv but no control help me please i want the bs2
to control my sony tv

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-03-08 09:51
    Have you read some of the "Similar Threads" links? Have you looked at the "IR Remote for the BoeBot Robot" tutorial?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-03-08 13:30
    A Stamp isn't fast enough to generate IR remote codes directly. Yes, it can generate a 1 ms pulse at 38kHz, but that's too long for the Sony protocol. You need finer resolution, per the material Mike suggested above. If you want to build an external circuit using an LM555 timer/oscillator tuned to 38 kHz, you can switch that with a Stamp fast enough using pulsouts. Of course, hacking a $5 universal remote is another cheap option. Your stamp could essentially push one or more buttons (using switch closures) on the remote.