Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
control circuit — Parallax Forums

control circuit

BritannicusBritannicus Posts: 98
edited 2011-03-05 17:11 in BASIC Stamp
Can somebody help me - I've tried concocting a circuit (see diagram) and I don't see why it shouldn't work, but I'm a total duffer at this stuff and would like a second opinion before frying my BOE. This is building on an earlier "skid steer" circuit which gave me forward only - I'm now wanting to fit a reverse gear!

The idea is to connect two Motors (M1 and M2), either positive/ negative or negative/positive depending on which one of two reed relays is activated. This uses a separate 6V 1a supply from the BOE

When in forward motion mode, steering is controlled using 2 transistors each of which governs the supply to either M1 or M2 thus turning it left or right . This in turn only happens when the "forward DSDT" reed relay is on. if the other reed is on, a simpler circuit merely reverses the polarity and backs the motros up.

Will this work? or will the positions of the diodes installed to protect the circuit not now function ? the motors seem happy to function in either reverse or forward mode ?

I hope the diagram makes some sense - I've laid it out exactly as I would intend on a strip PCB board

Once again in you communal Debt

A
414 x 452 - 34K

Comments