Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
object detector — Parallax Forums

object detector

KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
edited 2011-03-04 11:17 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi everyone,
I would like asking about which sensor i should use to detect two object one of them in fix and the other is moving... if the moving one has a distance of 2m the other will detect that one as it's missing....

reg,

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-03-01 09:28
    How big are the objects? What sort of shape do they have? What materials are they made of? How fast is the moving object going?

Your most likely sensor is something like the PING))). An alternative might be some kind of IR distance sensor. Another choice might be a video camera, something like the CMUcam which can track objects based on color.
  • KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
    edited 2011-03-01 19:26
    nice but these won't work in my project... i wanna build detection for women's pocket and their handbag.... if there pocket goes away within a short distance the handbag will make a buzzer to work.... which sensor will be good in these idea....
    reg,
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-03-01 21:11
    Practically, the only way you're going to get this to work, other than a video camera and image analysis software on a PC, would be to have some kind of beacon in the pocket that will send out a weak continuous coded signal. When the signal goes away, the buzzer goes off. You might be able to use an RFID tag in the pocket and RFID sensor in the handbag, probably not the one that Parallax sells ... the range is too short (a few inches). There are some RFID sensors and tags that work at around 30MHz and have better range. You'll have to do some internet searching to find them.
  • KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
    edited 2011-03-04 11:17
    thanks a lot it does help