Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No more MacBS2 ? — Parallax Forums

No more MacBS2 ?

Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
edited 2011-03-03 22:41 in BASIC Stamp
MacBS2 hasn't been updated in quite awhile so I'm not sure if it is still being updated, but as a heads up to the Mac heads out there, OSX Lion will not support PowerPC applications - which is what MacBS2 is.

So I guess its back to Virtual PC for us?

Bummer.

Kenny

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-03-03 07:36
    Have you contact Murat? Here is a link where you can contact Murat:

feedback@muratnkonar.com

Dave
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2011-03-03 09:21
    That will be a good reason not to upgrade past OS 10.6 snow leopard. I'm used to lagging behind, though.

Still pining for the loss of hypercard.
  • Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
    edited 2011-03-03 11:02
    I installed the Beta version of Lion on a spare computer and I'm not impressed. It's great and everything, but whats the big deal?

But, if I have to bring up a virtual Windows session every time I need to program a BS2, then I'm done with Stamps.

Kenny
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2011-03-03 18:06
    I installed the Beta version of Lion on a spare computer and I'm not impressed. It's great and everything, but whats the big deal?

But, if I have to bring up a virtual Windows session every time I need to program a BS2, then I'm done with Stamps.

Kenny
    '
    I would be done with MAC. If they can't write an OS thats backward compatible with their older OS.
    If it ant a phone, they could care less anyway.
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2011-03-03 21:49
    to all ..

PPC has bean dead for more then 5 years . come on . we had our time to change . our final warning was OS 10.5
    In computer terms 5 years is a LONG time to me .

I run 10.5.8 on My X86 mini

and 10.4.11 on all my PPC stuff

Still Ill Miss that RISC chip ..* sad*

Peter
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-03-03 22:41
    It's hard to tell without further information, but the tokenizer may need to be recompiled as a Universal Binary with both PowerPC and Intel object code. I don't know when the tokenizer was last updated, but it's been a long time. Murat should be able to just recompile his code to Universal Binary form, but the tokenizer needs to be in the same form.