Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to configure xbee1mW wire antenna(32405) and xbee USB adapter(32400) as receiver — Parallax Forums

how to configure xbee1mW wire antenna(32405) and xbee USB adapter(32400) as receiver

irda rahayuirda rahayu Posts: 6
edited 2011-04-07 01:56 in Accessories
I am doing a project that use xbee 1mW wire antenna(32405) to sent signal from microcontroller board to computer.

At transmitter, I use xbee(32405) and xbee sip adapter(32402) solder to the microcontroller board. I also use BASIC Stamp software(mode bs2) to write code and sent code to microcontroller board.

At receiver, I use xbee(32405) and xbee USB adapter(32400). I also use Digi X-CTU and InstallParallaxUSBDriversv2.08.02 software to communicate with modem. Before this, its work, the receiver at computer success to receive signal from transmitter at microcontroller board.

The problem is suddenly, Digi X-CTU cannot communicate with receiver modem. It can assign com port but after I click 'test and query' it said "unable to communicate with modem(receiver)". Then, receiver failed to receive signal from transmitter.

Hope anybody can share ideas or suggestions to solve this problem. I really need your help

Comments

• Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2011-02-28 00:44
    First, DO NOT POST MULTIPLE TIMES, DO NOT ADD YOUR PROBLEMS TO OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS.

You say X-CTU is not seeing USB adapter board, when it could before?

- Are you sure nothing else is using that COM port?
    - What changed since it did work?
    - Try switch XBee's around
    - Unplug, restart computer, try again
    - Try it on a different computer if you can

-Martin
  • irda rahayuirda rahayu Posts: 6
    edited 2011-03-02 01:19
    [FONT=&quot]i had tried many times.. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]i had tried on different computer, uninstall X-CTU and reinstall back..but it doesn't work
    After i write serout code on basic stamp and sent to transmitter..suddenly X-CTU not detect the xbee(receiver)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]i think serout code will not effect the xbee(receiver)[/FONT]
  • william chanwilliam chan Posts: 1,326
    edited 2011-03-02 15:56
    irda,

Have you tried exchange the transmit Xbee with the receive Xbee already?
    edited 2011-03-03 20:15
    yes.. i had tried to exchange it..but still same result..unable to communicate with modem
  • william chanwilliam chan Posts: 1,326
    edited 2011-03-06 22:30
    Hi irda,

Since you exchanged XBee and it still doesn't work, it shows that the problem is most likely not in the XBee but in

1. USB Cable or
    2. PC or
    3. Software/Driver or
    4. USB adapter Board

Trying changing the items above one by one.
    edited 2011-03-07 09:08
    USB cable, pc and software is ok. I think USB adapter board is problem because the RED light at the adapter is went out and the only GREEN and YELLOW light is on
    edited 2011-04-07 01:56
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks for all the advices..[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]About my project, the xbee receiver already can receive signal from xbee transmitter using X-CTU as platform. I followed the configuration steps in the manual ('Getting started with xbee rf modules' by Martin Hebel and George Bricker).Its very useful. So,now i’m looking for a better interface or platform to present and show the output. Whether Microsoft Visual Basic Studio 2008 can use as platform to reveice the signal and how to configure it? Or do you have any other suggestion? [/FONT]