Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Super NES Control for an ROV — Parallax Forums

Super NES Control for an ROV

St.MartinSt.Martin Posts: 2
edited 2011-02-22 21:39 in Robotics
Hello All,
I’m part of a mechanical engineering senior design team at St. Martin’s University and have been put in charge of our controls section. For our project we are designing and fabricating an observation class, submersible, Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV). Since we’re ME students, we only have limited programming skills but a lot of enthusiasm!
We have gone through the Propeller Education Kit Labs and think we have a pretty good handle on the basics of spin language.

Question:
We downloaded a few Super NES Controller Objects, but are having a bit of a problem figuring out how to designate the inputs from our Super NES controller to a specific I/O pin in order to control our ESCs, servos, etc…

Does anyone have an example of how to do this? It seems like we just need help putting all of the pieces together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Tony

Comments

• TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2011-02-22 06:46
    We downloaded a few Super NES Controller Objects,
    What NES Controller Objects did You download?
  • St.MartinSt.Martin Posts: 2
    edited 2011-02-22 21:39
    Hi Ttailspin,

We're using NES Controller Object 2.0: http://obex.parallax.com/objects/111/ and actually got it to work today!

Thanks for the inquiry, we've figured out this problem, but I'm sure we'll have more in the near future :)

Tony