Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp 2sx — Parallax Forums

basic stamp 2sx

aaz707aaz707 Posts: 8
edited 2011-02-19 10:55 in BASIC Stamp
hi im kind of new to the basic stamp 2 i have used the basic stamp 1 before though. i have a project i want to do involving leds. my question is on the bs2sx the eeprom and interpreter chip are removable, does that mean i can load the program and remove the eeprom and interpreter chip from the bs2sx and put them on to a seperate board with my leds and connect power. will the program run or is there something else i need. im trying to get around buying a module board since the are so expensive.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-02-19 10:55
    You must be referring to the OEM version of the BS2sx where the EEPROM and interpreter chips are removable. Yes you can mount these on a separate board. That's what this is designed for. You can buy the interpreter chip separately from Parallax and the EEPROM from either Parallax or one of the electronics distributors and assemble your own board. You do need some separate parts through. You need a resonator, some filter capacitors, a couple of resistors. If your new board doesn't include a voltage regulator or other regulated power source, you'll neec that. If you add a 4 pin header, you could even download programs and debug on your new board by putting the necessary interface parts on a little piggyback board. Look at the schematic for the BS2sx and you'll see how it's all connected.