Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Very Basic Basic Stamp question — Parallax Forums

Very Basic Basic Stamp question

SkedwardsSkedwards Posts: 2
edited 2011-02-19 19:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all,
I've just taken over a project which uses a stamp BS2P to control a variety of mechanical components of a hydroponics system (e.g. lights, air, water, feed, etc.). Everything works well except for the debug terminal. I can't get anything to appear in the debug terminal. I've even tried running extremely simple code e.g.

' {$STAMP BS2p}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DEBUG "Hello", CR

END

and this fails to give an output. The previous tech left no info on circuit board layout so I'm flying blind and interpreting what I can from the code. Is there any reason the debug command isn't working for such a simple code like I copied above? I've never worked with basic stamp before so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
S

Comments

• SkedwardsSkedwards Posts: 2
    edited 2011-02-16 12:22
    I found the error. The terminal window was not displayed properly.
  • Mark KiblerMark Kibler Posts: 546
    edited 2011-02-19 19:57
    Skedwards wrote: »
    Hello all,
    ...I can't get anything to appear in the debug terminal. I've even tried running extremely simple code :
    ' {$STAMP BS2p}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DEBUG "Hello", CR

END

Is there any reason the debug command isn't working for such a simple code like I copied above?

S,

It seems like your simple program should work; the code looks alright. I think I would check to see whether the stamp is installed on the BOE correctly (Is it plugged in "upside down"?) and that you have good adapter connections into your computer and BOE. Be very careful not to bend the stamp pins when you take the stamp out and put it back in. Do you have any wires plugged in the breadboard? Are you sure you have power going to the BOE?

Mark - ARLISS Team New Hampshire