Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Missing Stamp — Parallax Forums

Missing Stamp

ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
edited 2011-02-18 15:23 in Robotics
Hey All...

After a time (a few weeks) of inactivity, I got my Boe Bot out to play with and I keep getting the message "No Basic Stamps Found". The batteries were weak (~ 1.4 volts) I replaced those with new ones and get 6.44 volts at the connector. Tried 3 different USB cables without success. Also tried connection to my iMac... with 3 different cables (using MacBS2). No luck.

Bob works just fine running the last program entered (Roaming with Ping). Glad I put it in EEPROM!

I'm kinda out of ideas here. :tongue:

Appreciate any thoughts!

Amanda

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-02-16 08:14
    You've dealt with the two major causes of "No Basic Stamps Found" ... inadequate power source and failure of the serial connection. Make sure you've got the FTDI driver installed on your iMac ... you can download it from Parallax or from FTDI. I use MacBS2 on a MacBook and it works nicely. If you still can't get the BoeBot to work, I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support. Sometimes it works better troubleshooting over the phone in real-time, particularly when you've already eliminated the major causes of failure.
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2011-02-18 11:16
    Mike Green wrote: »
    You've dealt with the two major causes of "No Basic Stamps Found" ... inadequate power source and failure of the serial connection. Make sure you've got the FTDI driver installed on your iMac ... you can download it from Parallax or from FTDI. I use MacBS2 on a MacBook and it works nicely. If you still can't get the BoeBot to work, I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support. Sometimes it works better troubleshooting over the phone in real-time, particularly when you've already eliminated the major causes of failure.

Thanks Mike! I did call Parallax and he's working again. I'm not sure what it was... the netbook I was working with was a bit finicky not having been shut down in months. Restarted that and reloaded the FTDI drivers and all seems fine again. (Honestly, I think Bob was just being cranky because I =really= want one of those Propellor Bots when they come out! :-> )

Thanks again,

Amanda... and Bob
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2011-02-18 15:23
    Hey Mike...

I have MacBS2 running on my iMac, but there is a glitch (I think). When I enter a program and disconnect the USB cable, I have to select a port other than USB, then reselect the USB port to get the Stamp to be found again. Not a huge problem, but is this normal?

Thanks,

Amanda