Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
UK Robotics groups / competitions — Parallax Forums

UK Robotics groups / competitions

BritannicusBritannicus Posts: 98
edited 2011-02-20 10:09 in Robotics
OK, So I've gone and built my Robot (Actually I haven't finished yet, but am looking ahead). My wife is mystified as to why I should bother and my 10 year old wants to know when it will fire laser beams from it's eyes (it won't).

Surely I can't be the only hobbyist in search of a place to show off his handiwork, and admire that of other fellow MBGS sufferers (Must Build Gadgets Syndrome - an as yet incurable disorder which manifests itself in tinkering with technologies one doesn't quite understand to solve problems that didn't need solving in the first place).

Anyone aware of any gatherings of fellow sufferers in the UK (midlands area??).

Comments

• jeffyritzjeffyritz Posts: 1
    edited 2011-02-20 10:09
    Hiya there. I'm not too sure about competitions, but if you are looking for similarly minded people, you can't go wrong with one of the hackerspaces. In fact, there is one that is currently operational in Nottingham, appropriately called "Nottinghack." I have not been there yet, having recently moved to the Midlands area, but all signs point to them still being active:

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Nottinghack

Who knows, maybe I might see you there once I get back up to speed on my gadgetry.