Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller — Parallax Forums

XBOX 360 Wireless Controller

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2014-01-21 10:26 in Accessories
I need some hardcore tech info on the 360 wireless controllers. If anyone has actually hacked them, or has some good sources of information on the WIRELESS PROTOCOL, that's what I am looking for. What I know is that they use an infineon encryption chip to start the conversation, then once that's done and the controller is authenticated the conversation starts, probably is plain 2.4GHz radio packets, maybe even a form of blue tooth. And probably just USB packets just like the wired controllers do.

I also know one company datel has cracked the protocol and encryption and makes a new product that is compatible that is a matter of litigation with MS currently.

So, what I am looking for is actual information, with protocol, samples, theory, etc. that someone that has cracked the controller has published -- hard to find, but not impossible. I have been googling, but getting tired of going in circles.

Basically, I want to make an XBOX 360 compatible wireless controller interface and need information. If anyone has SEEN this information or is expert, let me know --

When I get a min, I am going to take my controller apart and search for the wireless chip and see what I can see from the PCB (I am sure there are youtube strip downs as well). But, if someone has already gone thru this and tried figuring it out that would be great.

Thanks,

Andre'

Comments

• gaffordtechgaffordtech Posts: 1
    edited 2014-01-21 10:26
    I understand from what appears to be your post on the xgamestation forum that you did some analysis of this wireless system, the results of which you are not allowed to disclose. I have a client that needs analysis of the details of binding and perhaps discovery in this protocol. Are you able to do such an analysis, and are you able to take this analysis on as a new project, keeping whatever you learned for your earlier client private, and providing only results of your new work? thanks, tom.