Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
commands fo writing fo data file — Parallax Forums

commands fo writing fo data file

yoda152yoda152 Posts: 18
edited 2011-02-08 17:17 in BASIC Stamp
Does any one know the comands for writing to a data file using a data logger and then to a usb memory stick

they dont seem to be in the book Basic stamp syntax and reference manual

would any one know where i can source them

thank you

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-02-08 08:44
    They're in the documentation on the memory stick datalogger's control chip (VDAP Firmware Spec). There's a link on the Parallax product page for the datalogger. You can also get the most up-to-date version from the FTDI website.
  • yoda152yoda152 Posts: 18
    edited 2011-02-08 09:30
    in the notes i cant seem to find what <sp> stands for, and from the example code for the data logger it uses " " and ,,, but no <>. do you put " " in place of <> from the data sheet firmwear spec

thanks for your reply mike
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-02-08 09:39
    <sp> usually refers to a space. If you have further questions about the firmware spec, please refer to a page number at least.
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2011-02-08 17:17
    Hi yoda , I have noticed that you have several threads going regarding the datalogger. The datalogger commands can be very difficult to grasp at first so don't get frustrated , be patient and it will come. Because every application is different it is difficult to say do this or do that , you are going to have to figure out the biggest part for yourself.

To help you get started and hopefully see some results that will help you understand whats going on I have an alternative for you to look at. The alternative , in my opinion , is simpler to set up and simpler to understand. The method used to read and write to the datalogger is different in many ways to the example that you have and may or may not be the better way but at the very least it should be an enjoyable learning experience whether you choose to use this method or not.

check it out at this link http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?112872-Datalogger-BS2-or-SX-(-115200-)

Jeff T.