Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropBox PCBs for sale! — Parallax Forums

PropBox PCBs for sale!

RaymanRayman Posts: 14,319
edited 2011-02-08 21:39 in Propeller 1
I'm selling these Propeller PCBs for $17. They come bare except for the SD card connector (and one capacitor), which are pre-installed. I'll post the Digikey part numbers for all the other parts you need to build it.

PropBox_PCB_Front1.jpg
PropBox_PCB_Back1.jpg

The boards have these features when fully populated:

TV
VGA
Mouse/Keyboard
SD card (full size)
Ethernet using ENC28J60
Expanded I/O using PCA9554N
Real-time clock with battery backup
Spare EEPROM socket

The boards are designed so that they will fit inside an extruded aluminum case from Hammond.
Using a custom front panel from FrontPanelExpress, it makes for a fairly professional looking enclosure.

It comes with the SD card connector pre-installed for 2 reasons. First, the SD card is the only component you can't get from Digikey (Mouser has them). The other reason that it will come with the SD card and a capacitor installed is to fix errors with the board.

I've documented most of the design of the board in this thread:
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?122201-PropBox-Pro

To order, just send an email to ray@rayslogic.com and I'll send a Paypal invoice. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail is $5.
1024 x 768 - 152K
1024 x 768 - 130K

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,319
    edited 2011-02-01 12:12
    I've ordered the black version of the Hammond case and a custom front panel with TV and audio connectors. Plan is to install it into my home entertainment center. I'm pretty confident that it will look good enough that my wife won't give me trouble about it :)

My panel is supposed to come Monday.

PropBox_FrontPanel1.png

I'd like to offer the front panels, but decided not to for a couple reasons; they're very expensive (~$50) even in volume and I think people would want to pick their own colors and special options rather than save $10.

The board doesn't include an audio circuit, but I'll just solder in a couple capacitors resistors to make a simple audio output circuit for powered speakers.

One note: The board has a place to solder in an RCA jack for video, but it won't fit in the Hammond metal case anymore if you do that. I'm just going to run a wire from that jack to the panel mount RCA jack.
    865 x 293 - 7K
    edited 2011-02-01 13:06
    Since this is an open design project, I've just posted the all the latest design files to the product page:

http://www.rayslogic.com/Propeller/Products/PropBox/PropBox.htm
  • wjsteelewjsteele Posts: 697
    edited 2011-02-07 18:49
    I just received my boards... they look great, Ray! I'll be building a couple of them on Wednesday morning as soon as my parts order comes in.

Bill
    edited 2011-02-08 19:11
    Thanks Bill. I still need to post the BOM, glad your able to do without for now...

Just got the front panel today. Here's what it looks like in real life:
    1024 x 768 - 77K
  • wjsteelewjsteele Posts: 697
    edited 2011-02-08 21:39
    Wow, that looks great! As for the BOM, your board tells everything I need... nice job!

Bill