Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer Software download — Parallax Forums

BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer Software download

csadamcsadam Posts: 3
edited 2011-02-12 14:04 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

Does anybody know where can I download the drivers and software for the BSLA?

Anyways... Is there any chance that Parallax will release its software with open source? Because it is an already discontinued product, I think there will be no negative financial consequences because of open-sourcing it :confused:

Thanks for help
--Adam

Comments

• davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2011-01-31 22:31
    I'm hoping this zip file will remedy your need. (deleted password-locked zip file - dj)

It would appear that Parallax has pulled all references of the BSLA from the main site; a number of searches resulted in no-thing.

Have you pulled a BSLA out of mothballs, or did you manage to locate a supplier of new-old-stock somewhere?

These little guys are very handy devices. Mucho sad they are discontinued...:depressed:

Regards,

DJ
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2011-02-01 00:58
  • csadamcsadam Posts: 3
    edited 2011-02-01 06:50
    Thanks a lot guys.
    davejames: I have found it in my "drop interesting thingies here" box. Can I ask for password of your zip? :)
    edited 2011-02-01 08:41
    ...oh bugger! It requires a password?!?! I obviously goofed that one.

Two choices (since I have no idea what the password might be): I can email you the related files (PM your email address), or you can download them from the link Humanoido provided above.

Where did you find your BSLA?

DJ
    edited 2011-02-01 08:43
    Humanoido - did you not know about this little gem?

DJ
    edited 2011-02-03 09:50
    davejames wrote: »
    Humanoido - did you not know about this little gem? DJ
    Dave, it was discontinued several years ago which is why I missed it. After getting into Propeller chip applications, the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer makes more sense as I can see how it's accomplished on the prop chip.
    edited 2011-02-03 11:44
    Humanoido wrote: »
    After getting into Propeller chip applications, the BASIC Stamp Logic Analyzer makes more sense as I can see how it's accomplished on the prop chip.

Humanoido, sorry - I don't understand the above.

DJ
    edited 2011-02-04 06:17
    Dave, a lot of applications that are/were on the Stamp, even discontinued apps, are now easily performed/achieved on the Parallax Propeller Chip. Otherwise one would need to reinvent the wheel.
    edited 2011-02-04 11:43
    ...gotcha.

Don't know much about the Propeller save for what I've gleaned from threads on the Forum. My current projects do not require its capabilites, as I understand them.

I do know that the BSLA was (:depressed: sniff, sniff) a nifty product and perfectly matched to a Stamp debug effort.

Later,

DJ
    edited 2011-02-04 11:44
    csadam - did you find a resolve for the BSLA software?

DJ
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2011-02-07 10:54
    I have the files and documentation for the BSLA and the BSLA hack, just not sure if allowed to attach them here?
  • csadamcsadam Posts: 3
    edited 2011-02-12 10:33
    davejames wrote: »
    csadam - did you find a resolve for the BSLA software?

Yes, I was able to download the software from the links what Humanoido wrote.
    edited 2011-02-12 14:04
    ...glad to hear.

BTW - could you mark your thread 'solved'?

Thanks and later,

DJ