Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GPS Receiver Module troubles — Parallax Forums

GPS Receiver Module troubles

doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,239
edited 2011-01-27 20:11 in Accessories
Hi all -

My Parallax GPS Receiver Module inexplicably will not power up now. It was functioning fine last night - I mounted it to PPDB and got the software working with PST to display info (Thanks OBC for code). I turned off the power switch on the PPDB and went to bed. Today the little red light on the module doesn't come on at all and naturally I'm getting no signal from module. I've checked the voltage at VCC and get 4.96V.

Any chance there is some little reset switch or something on the module or is it dead, dead, deadsky?

Thanks in Advance!
Doc

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-01-27 08:21
    What are you using for a power supply? Did you check the I/O pin? Maybe try a different I/O pin.

Dave
  • doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,239
    edited 2011-01-27 10:04
    dandreae -

Power supply was a battery pack from a Boe-bot with Boe-Boost (7.5v) at first but I thought it was dropping off so I switched to a Sceptre walwart (pretty sure it's from Parallax) with 1000mA/12vdc output.

Haven't tried different i/o pins but will tonight. I didn't think of that.

Thanks,

Paul
    edited 2011-01-27 16:13
    Tried a different i/o pin but nothing. :(

I wonder how hard it is to desolder the receiver from the sx module board? Hmmmm.
    edited 2011-01-27 20:11
    Well, it would appear bashing it repeatedly with a 2# hammer didn't fix it after all. My bad.