Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BoeBot and the GUI BOT v.1.3.1(r2) software does not work. — Parallax Forums

BoeBot and the GUI BOT v.1.3.1(r2) software does not work.

Dr.ZaiusDr.Zaius Posts: 16
edited 2011-02-02 19:08 in Robotics
The Kid Friendly GUI Boe-Bot Software does not work on my Boe-Bot. I have done all the projects from the book, with no problem.:thumb: Im using the latest version of the compiler from the Parallax website, the same for the GUI.:nerd: The GUI detects my COM port as COM10 and it has a default AUTO, but they dont work for the Boe-Bot, even when I press the Test botton in the GUI. I think the problem is in the "parity, or bit" section, I have reseted, unplug/ plug, but it does not work I get the same error massege "invalid COM" the GUI does let me program but not let me send the data to the Boe-Bot.:blank: I'm using the PC version does anybody have a solution or suggestion. I would like to share this Robot experience with the kids.:smile:

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-01-24 08:41
    Are you able to manually set the USB to port to a port less than 10?

Dave
  • Dr.ZaiusDr.Zaius Posts: 16
    edited 2011-01-24 18:21
    I was testing the GUI software on my Desktop and it works:smile:......it uses COM 5, but on my NetBook for some reason it does'nt, and it wont let me change the COM settings. thats allright I dont expect fancy capabilities from a Small NetBook:lol: anyways thanks for the support and we're having fun with it:smile:....Thanks for making the Children frienly GUI.:cool:
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2011-01-24 18:26
    Which netbook? I plan to use a netbook with my Boe-Bot project and will be interested in any solutions if they're required.
    edited 2011-01-25 11:03
    The NetBook is an MSI model L1300 comes with Windows XP Home Edition, 1GB RamDDR2 can expand to 2GB, SATA 160GB, 10" Screen, 2Core Atom Processor.......its perty old, but its small, portable, and light......I think the GUI needs an update to allow COM ports Higher than 7 and up, or its the motherboard BIOS its very BASIC....Hope this Helps you.
    edited 2011-02-02 19:08
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!.......Humanoido.....I just found out how to make the GUI work in my "NetBook".....I was rereading the trouble shooting section in the apendix of the Boe-Bot Book, saw a section on changing the COM #. I went to ControlPanel - System - Hardware TAB - DeviceManager - Port(Com&LPT) - USB Serial Port - PortSetting TAB - Advance Button - COM PortNumber and I set it to COM2 "just like the oldschool CPUs origanally had it" and now it works fine on both the GUI and Compiler......Thanks dandreae....I will read notes and books more thoroughly in the future.