Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bug list for for Wiznet W5100 SPI & Parallel/Indirect Drivers by Timothy D. Swieter — Parallax Forums

Bug list for for Wiznet W5100 SPI & Parallel/Indirect Drivers by Timothy D. Swieter

Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
edited 2011-01-22 00:41 in Accessories
Hello Forum!!!

I've been way, way too busy for the past 8 months. As you may or may not know I was originally working with David Carrier to produce software for the Spinneret until my job took a turn and made me too busy. Well...my job is still busy, however in the next couple weeks I hope to be hanging out on the forum more before I jump into another round of travel.

Since the forums were upgraded I hadn't been getting PMs or thread subscriptions. However I am think I've got my settings back up to where they should be so I should receive e-mails for PMs or forum threads being updated.

So....this thread is the place where I would like any posts made for bugs found in the two Wiznet drivers I have produced and placed on the OBEX. I am so, so happy to see everyone working on the Spinneret and I am eager to improve the drivers and to remove the bugs. If time allows, I'll also entertain improvements, but please leave this thread strictly for bug fixes.

When you post your bug fix, please tell me which driver you are using and what you think the fix is. Most of you that have found bugs so far have found them in the hard to see places, so I am very appreciative of you finding the problem and then announcing them to the community so that others don't struggle.

As of this writing, these are the version of the drivers on the OBEX.
WIZnet W5100 Parallel/Indirect Driver Ver 00.6
WIZnet W5100 SPI Driver Ver 00.5

Based on some searching and the PMs I've received these bugs are ones I need to duplicate, verify and implement the fix (some fixes proposed already).
  • Kuisma Bug find and fixes: Forum thread.
  • jstjohnz Bug find and fixes: by PM, may be the same as Kuisma, need to investigate.
  • ags Bug find and fixes: Forum Thread Again, need to review and see if they overlap with the other finds.

Found a bug that is not listed above? write it to this thread and I'll help to fix it. If possible, be exacting so I don't have to reread several threads to find the meat. Thank you!

Comments