Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Editor color preference file? — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Editor color preference file?

Dave KollerDave Koller Posts: 8
edited 2011-01-29 23:10 in BASIC Stamp
I searched but could not find a little thing that bugs me. Is there a file or string in the registry that holds the color preferences you select for Basic Stamp V 2.5 editor - I have several computers and would like to transfer the preferences that I like to each one - INSTEAD of setting each one by hand... any takers?

Dave

Comments

• Dave KollerDave Koller Posts: 8
    edited 2011-01-19 10:53
    Well guess the question is foolish - thank you for reading I am a Nub to the forum but have been working with BS since the old days... It is the Editor that stumps me not the HEX language of the compiler... LOL ..
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2011-01-28 14:11
    Hello Dave,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I have spoken with the BASIC Stamp software's creator Jeff Martin, and I think I can answer your question now.

There is a set of files in the registry that store the syntax highlighting characteristics set in the BASIC Stamp Editor's Edit > Preferences > Editor Appearance menu.

(To get to these files on my XP machine, I selected Run from the Start menu, then entered Regedit. Then I opened My Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > ParallaxInc > Stamp > 2.4. (Note that the highest folder number won't necessarily be the same as the Editor installer version; this folder number only increments if it is not backwards-compatible with an Editor release.)

The set of files related to the color scheme all begin with "Syn" for Syntax Highlighting. However, Jeff suggested the most efficient approach for you would be to just port the whole registry file to the second computer. To do this, right-click the 2.4 folder, then select Export. Give the file a temporary name and save it to your desktop. Then you can carry the file to your second computer and put it on that desktop. Then right-click the file, select Merge. This should put all the settings, including your custom color schemes, in the right place in your second computer's registry.

I simulated this by saving the Export file to my desktop, deleting the folder in my registry, and then using Merge to put it back in the registry, and it worked.

If you try this method for moving the registry settings to your second computer, let me know if it worked.

Hope this helps (if it's not too late!)

-Steph
  • Dave KollerDave Koller Posts: 8
    edited 2011-01-29 23:10
    Thank you! It gives me peace of mind - I was poking around there but was not sure.. Silly how the easy seems so hard! I will keep you posted......