Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Data acquisition with LabView — Parallax Forums

Data acquisition with LabView

luisferluisfer Posts: 12
edited 2011-01-20 19:03 in Accessories
Hi, as a student, I want to use PropScope to acquire datas of a spectrometer using LabView software, is it possible? I have read in another thread about DDE, but I am not sure that I could use it with frequencies about 25 Msamples/sec.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Sarmiento

Comments

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2011-01-18 13:27
    Hi Luis,
    Yes, should be possible. Other people have used LabView to talk to ViewPort using DDE. Data is sampled into an array which is transferred from PropScope to PC to the windows app over DDE to Labview- so sampling rate doesn't affect things.
    Hanno
  • SMS88SMS88 Posts: 2
    edited 2011-01-20 19:03
    luisfer wrote: »
    Hi, as a student, I want to use PropScope to acquire datas of a spectrometer using LabView software, is it possible? I have read in another thread about DDE, but I am not sure that I could use it with frequencies about 25 Msamples/sec.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Sarmiento

Support for NI LabView and and Agilent Vee would drive sales of the PropScope to such a high level that I don't think the manufacturer could keep up. Picoscope 2205A supports both already and it sells for $257, about the same price as the PropScope (but you don't get the logic analyzer functionality or the DAC).