Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mac - Debug Input--- where is it? — Parallax Forums

Mac - Debug Input--- where is it?

idosilverwateridosilverwater Posts: 1
edited 2011-01-24 09:00 in BASIC Stamp
I have the basic stamp editor (Version 2.5) on my Mac (MacBook OSX) and when I want to input (a character or number) to the basic stamp (BS2) thru the Debug from the Mac there isn't an input pane to enter the input. (On the PC Windows XP there is.) What is there to do to get it on the Mac?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-01-14 09:33
    MacBS2 doesn't have a debug input pane. DEBUGIN is essentially the same as SERIN except that the Baud is fixed (at 9600 for everything but the BS2px) and everything sent from the PC to the Stamp is echoed back to the PC ... a characteristic of the programming serial port of the Stamp. You can use any Mac terminal emulator for DEBUG and DEBUGIN, but you don't have the convenience of doing it with the Stamp editor running. CoolTerm is one that's available for free.
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2011-01-14 19:06
    I have the basic stamp editor (Version 2.5) on my Mac (MacBook OSX) and when I want to input (a character or number) to the basic stamp (BS2) thru the Debug from the Mac there isn't an input pane to enter the input. (On the PC Windows XP there is.) What is there to do to get it on the Mac?
    '
    Why use the MAC machine if it doesn't work and the Windows XP machine does?
    '
    Once you get the MAC machine working, How many other things are you not able to use.
    '
    Who is more of a control freak?
    '
    Gates or Jobs ???
    ;
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2011-01-15 19:22
    Mike, Thanks for the link to CoolTerm. I'd been using goSerial or zTerm along with MacBS2, but CoolTerm plays much nicer and has some great features, like the DTR button. I think it will be my favorite from now on. It plays well with BST too.
  • APSpijkermanAPSpijkerman Posts: 32
    edited 2011-01-24 09:00
    Hi,

I made a little program that also runs on Mac which you can use for debugging.
    You can not only output text to its screen, but also draw graphics or use
    button or potmeters for input.
    You can find it here: http://stampdock.com/