Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Easy Bluetooth (RBT-001) driver ? — Parallax Forums

Easy Bluetooth (RBT-001) driver ?

ahmed89ahmed89 Posts: 2
edited 2011-01-07 01:08 in Accessories
Hello
I am beginner in using RBT-001 .I connected its vss and vdd with a power supply and its Rx and Tx with RS232 circuit which is using max232 ic (RBT-001 Rx with RS232 Tx and RBT-001 Tx with RS232 Rx).the green led is lighted and by using mobile blue tooth (Easy BT) device is detected and available for connecting wireless with mobile then I connected RS232 by using a serial cable with PC.
I opened BASIC stamp editor and clicked on identify but no responce from any COM ports(loopback: no, echo: no).I also opened BoeBot Remote and selected device name and baud rate 9600 and clicked apply then connect it says (connecting) but no response also.
I opened control panel then clicked add a device but it cant find a Easy BT device.So I am asking if RBT-001 needs driver to be installed on PC for using RS232 interface?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-01-06 13:16
    You cannot use a wireless link for programming a Basic Stamp. There are delays in the various wireless protocols (Bluetooth, xBee, WiFi) that make this impossible.

The RBT-001 along with some kind of 5V logic to RS232 voltage translator like the MAX232 looks like a standard RS232 serial device. If you're going to connect this to a PC, the standard PC serial driver is all that is needed. If you're using some kind of USB to serial adapter, you will need a USB driver for the adapter, but there's no special driver for the RBT-001.
  • ahmed89ahmed89 Posts: 2
    edited 2011-01-07 01:08
    Thanks for replying,
    I tested RS232 circuit and it is worked on AVR perfectly .Do you think the my problem is hardware or software?What is the steps to fix it?
    Note:I don't have BOE Full Kit just working on Bread Board.