Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
So what does it Really do? — Parallax Forums

So what does it Really do?

bufflerbuffler Posts: 22
edited 2011-01-02 07:28 in Accessories
I'm afraid I don't understand. There's a nice network interface connected to a Prop. It has a place for a lot of storage. But there are only four bits of i/o available (two more if you're really careful 'cause they're sometimes used for something else). So what the heck do I do with all that computing power? See for example the Modtronix sbc network board. 4 pwm's 16 i/o bits. 2 rs232 ports, yada yada. I don't mean to be mean, but what the heck?
The footprint of this device looks like it should have pinouts that will connect directly in place of a BS2 for example and give a lot more i/o flexibility to actually do something...I hope I'm wrong and I can be taken to task, but I don't see it...
Happy New Year to all.
Don

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-01-02 07:17
    Don, it's a hardware web server. It serves up content over TCP or UDP.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-01-02 07:28
    buffler wrote: »
    device looks like it should have pinouts that will connect directly in place of a BS2 for example and give a lot more i/o flexibility to actually do something...
    Don

Lots of I/O is nice. I'm using the serial port and Zigbee. Most of my sensing logic is relatively far from the Spinneret, at least too far for wires.