Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC STAMP & Spinneret? — Parallax Forums

BASIC STAMP & Spinneret?

HakDorHakDor Posts: 10
edited 2010-12-27 13:02 in Accessories
Does the BASIC STAMP Activity Kit(#90005) have the ability to program the Spinneret Web Server?

I guess what I am saying is....is it possible to program my application in the BASIC STAMP Activity Kit and then send it over to the Propeller Microcontroller on the Spinneret Web Server?

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2010-12-26 13:40
    The BASIC STAMP is programmed in PBASIC. Out of the box, the Spinneret uses SPIN and PASM. You can not program the Propeller/Spinneret in PBASIC but you can download the free Propeller tool.
  • HakDorHakDor Posts: 10
    edited 2010-12-26 15:00
    Mike,

Thank you very much for that response and if it's not to much trouble could you please give me a link to where I could download the free Propeller tool? :P ;D

PS: The EEPROM is located inside the Propeller Microcontroller correct? :/

Thanks & God Bless,
    Eric
    edited 2010-12-26 15:16
    You can find everything you need on the Propeller page.
    http://www.parallax.com/tabid/407/Default.aspx
    edited 2010-12-26 21:44
    Can one Spinneret Web Server send a message to another Spinneret Web Server if programmed correctly since they run both on the same programming languages?
    edited 2010-12-27 06:17
    Yes, two Spinnerets can communicate. You can also send a message from a STAMP to the spinneret as long as you use an interface that both devices can handle like serial TTL. It might be good for you to take a look at the many educational resources Parallax offers. Start with "What's a Microcontroller". http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/edu/wamv2_1.pdf
    edited 2010-12-27 10:17
    Thank you very much Mike. You have been a big help. :D

I will look into those resources you gave me.

I want to make sure I am understanding you right. The serial TTL isn't the only option for sending a message to Spinneret correct? I know you were just pointing out that stamp is one of the options that I could use,but what I am trying to do is have more than one Spinneret talk to another. So STAMP wouldn't be the best choice to go with.

Thanks again & God bless,
    Eric
    edited 2010-12-27 12:22
    HakDor, I'm scratching my head here. Spinnerets can talk to each other over a network usingTCP/IP or UPD/IP. This is a fundamental design feature of the Spinneret.

There are several examples with source code on this forum. You might want to take some time and poke around in the code.
    edited 2010-12-27 13:02
    Ok thanks.