Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How To Correctly Monitor A Receiver's Output Signal With Basic Stamp...? — Parallax Forums

How To Correctly Monitor A Receiver's Output Signal With Basic Stamp...?

Im New To MicroIm New To Micro Posts: 42
edited 2010-12-22 12:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I have this receiver( http://www.amazon.com/AR500-DSM2-5-Channel-Sport-Receiver/dp/B001BUUUNK) which is made for R/C air planes, and I also have the transmitter for it.

I would like to use this in another project, but the problem I'm having is, I'm trying to figure out how to hook it up to my Basic Stamp board, and once I do, I would like to Debug or monitor what the current signal is (or pulse rate I guess) and based on that pulse/signal I can make another device do something.

So basically, for R/C receivers like these, you plugin a servo that has a red/black/white cable, and the white cable is for the signal. So I tried testing one of the channels by plugging a pig tail into the receiver, and plugging the pig tail's white lead into one of my Basic Stamp pins (P0).

From there I'm not sure what code or commands I need to use to monitor what's taking place...

Thanks, hope my issue makes sense :)

Comments

• Im New To MicroIm New To Micro Posts: 42
    edited 2010-12-22 12:53
    Hi all,

I have this receiver( http://www.amazon.com/AR500-DSM2-5-Channel-Sport-Receiver/dp/B001BUUUNK) which is made for R/C air planes, and I also have the transmitter for it.

I would like to use this in another project, but the problem I'm having is, I'm trying to figure out how to hook it up to my Basic Stamp board, and once I do, I would like to Debug or monitor what the current signal is (or pulse rate I guess) and based on that pulse/signal I can make another device do something.

So basically, for R/C receivers like these, you plugin a servo that has a red/black/white cable, and the white cable is for the signal. So I tried testing one of the channels by plugging a pig tail into the receiver, and plugging the pig tail's white lead into one of my Basic Stamp pins (P0).

From there I'm not sure what code or commands I need to use to monitor what's taking place...

Thanks, hope my issue makes sense :)

Never mind, I figured it out. For those who may come across this later, I used the PULSIN command. Read the help guide on how to use it. And also, one mistake I was making was, I didn't connect the ground from the receiver to my Basic Stamp board :)