Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Editor v2.5-(R2) Compatability with Windows 98 SE — Parallax Forums

Editor v2.5-(R2) Compatability with Windows 98 SE

sailindonsailindon Posts: 2
edited 2010-12-22 12:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hello All:

I'm a new member and just trying to transfer the latest version of the editor (v2.5-(R2)) to my old, Windows 98 SE, non internet connected machine, HP/Intel Celeron, w/256.0MB Ram. I want to use this machine for Stamp/PIC projects and am able to down load programs from an old XP laptop, and transfer via CD and read/load back to the 98 machine. I have a couple of older BS2 chips I would like to experiment with.

My problem is when I try to read the editor v2.5-(R2) file on the CD with the 98 SE machine, I get a message that tells me I need a newer version of windows. Will this editor work on a 98 SE machine, and if not is there a version I can use?

I also have a Vista powered desktop, which is my main machine for the internet, but my 98 machine can not read the CDs coming from the Vista operating system.

Thanks for you help, I searched the database, but was unable to find anything on this, sorry if I missed something.

Don Byers

Comments

• hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-12-22 10:14
    Welcome to the Forums!

On this page:

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

you will find Rev 2.3.9 for Windows 98/ME/and NT4

Jim

sailindon wrote: »
    Hello All:

I'm a new member and just trying to transfer the latest version of the editor (v2.5-(R2)) to my old, Windows 98 SE, non internet connected machine, HP/Intel Celeron, w/256.0MB Ram. I want to use this machine for Stamp/PIC projects and am able to down load programs from an old XP laptop, and transfer via CD and read/load back to the 98 machine. I have a couple of older BS2 chips I would like to experiment with.

My problem is when I try to read the editor v2.5-(R2) file on the CD with the 98 SE machine, I get a message that tells me I need a newer version of windows. Will this editor work on a 98 SE machine, and if not is there a version I can use?

I also have a Vista powered desktop, which is my main machine for the internet, but my 98 machine can not read the CDs coming from the Vista operating system.

Thanks for you help, I searched the database, but was unable to find anything on this, sorry if I missed something.

Don Byers
  • sailindonsailindon Posts: 2
    edited 2010-12-22 12:48
    Jim,

Thanks so much, just what I was looking for.

Don