Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Industrial Bot — Parallax Forums

Industrial Bot

ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
edited 2010-12-22 01:55 in Robotics
Me again! :innocent:

A question if I may.

Last week I rescued from the dumpster an electric wheel chair. Mostly functional, but its suffered some abuse. The layout is two drive wheels (a motor for each) and dual front and rear casters.
Is there any chance of creating a Godzilla Boe Bot with something like this? :nerd:

Amanda

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-12-18 11:26
    Something like this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=76456&d=1292700344

Rich H
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-12-18 11:34
    Something like this?

Rich H

Um... yeah!!! Any construction details?
    I can visualize the concept, but not sure of an interface between BOE kind of board and the joystick controlled circuits in the chair base.

BTW... looks awesome!

Amanda
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2010-12-20 04:59
    ajward wrote: »
    Me again! :innocent:

A question if I may.

Last week I rescued from the dumpster an electric wheel chair. Mostly functional, but its suffered some abuse. The layout is two drive wheels (a motor for each) and dual front and rear casters.
    Is there any chance of creating a Godzilla Boe Bot with something like this? :nerd:

Amanda

Hi Amanda'
    I like the expression : "Godzilla Boe Bot" !
    Look at this. It is not exactly a Boe Bot , it is a rover but it uses almost the same electronics as the Boe Bot uses.
    But If you are looking for somethig very special, a realy amazing robot is the: Parallax Hybrid Robot .
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-12-22 01:55
    NikosG wrote: »
    Hi Amanda'
    I like the expression : "Godzilla Boe Bot" !
    Look at this. It is not exactly a Boe Bot , it is a rover but it uses almost the same electronics as the Boe Bot uses.
    But If you are looking for somethig very special, a realy amazing robot is the: Parallax Hybrid Robot .

Heh... I like Godzilla. My favorite movie monster! I have him on my desk and he likes to step on Hot Wheels cars. ;-)

I dunno... the 'bot pulling the truck is kinda cool, but if I get stuck alongside the road I'd like something a little more substantial to come to my rescue! ;-)

Amanda