Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
connection with the basic stamp microcontroller problem — Parallax Forums

connection with the basic stamp microcontroller problem

armarm Posts: 23
edited 2010-12-14 08:28 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to know fi I can connect the propeller Servo controller ( http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/595/Default.aspx?txtSearch=servo+controller)
to my basic stamp microcontroller and program it in PBASIC.
If yes, wich code should I use?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-12-14 07:37
    You can connect the Propeller Servo Controller to a Basic Stamp and you can control it using a program on the Basic Stamp written in PBASIC. There are examples in the documentation. The Stamp uses SEROUT statements to send commands to the Propeller Servo Controller.

The Propeller Servo Controller comes pre-programmed with a program that makes it behave like the older Parallax Servo Controller that it replaces. It's possible to reprogram the Propeller Servo Controller, but it has to be done using the Propeller Tool or BST and using Spin and Propeller assembly language. There are other programming languages available for the Propeller, but that's already been the (extensive) subject of other threads.
  • armarm Posts: 23
    edited 2010-12-14 07:53
    So I just plug the controller o
  • armarm Posts: 23
    edited 2010-12-14 07:54
    n the board and all is right?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-12-14 08:28
    Read the documentation. It shows how to connect the Servo Controller to a Board of Education.