Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cooperative target tracking — Parallax Forums

Cooperative target tracking

RayderonRayderon Posts: 7
edited 2010-12-10 18:01 in BASIC Stamp
I am doing a project on cooperative target tracking with Boe bots, with 2 tracking bots navigating through an area with obstacles to "hunt" down and track a target bot. The target robot will be moving continuously and the tracking robot will have to keep tracking the target

My original plan is for the target to emit IR signals and the tracker will have a combination of Ping and IR recievers to look out for the target. the trackers will also have transmission between each other via RF transmitter/recievers to formulate a plan to hunt down the target.

The trackers will need a signal to differentiate each other, what other signals can i use (If its possible, i do not want to use light signal)? Please advise. Thanks!

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-12-10 18:01
    Rayderon
    '
    I would use ultrasonic.4 Ping senors,one on each side of the target BOT.
    '
    One Ping sensor on the tracking BOT. The Ping just receiving ultrasonic from the target BOT,not sending any ultrasonic signals.
    '
    I see the need to add a small tube to the transducer on the Ping of the tracking BOT to Nero the field of view to help with tracking.
    '
    I would start with the target BOT only turning left after a sort straight run.This will make both BOTs run in a box or circle pattern.(good for testing)
    '
    If both servo speeds are set the same, then the tracking BOT will never be able to catch the target BOT. Just follow it forever.Again useful for debugging.
    '
    I would look in to PID controllers to help understand how the tracking BOT should be programed to follow the target BOT.
    '
    I would also start with one tracking BOT then add the other after I had the first one working good!