Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lost Accelrometer Project — Parallax Forums

Lost Accelrometer Project

SamMishalSamMishal Posts: 468
edited 2010-12-10 02:21 in Accessories
Hi All,

A while back there was a sticky on this forum that showed how to use an accelrometer with
integration of the g-forces to calculate positions etc.

I forget what accelerometer it used but it was quite an extensive project and COMPREHENSIVE
but I cannot seem to find it any longer....

Can anyone help me find it?

Thanks

Comments

• Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2010-12-09 09:07
    Hi Sam,

If you check out Chapters 3 & 6 in Smart Sensors and Applications, they cover the basics of using the Memsic 2125 Dual Axis Accelerometer as well as some projects that can be done using it.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • SamMishalSamMishal Posts: 468
    edited 2010-12-09 17:13
    Hi Jessica,

Thanks very much. The link is useful....but...it is not the right one....the one I saw was a project that used the accelerometer to measure
    the accelerations and then used X = 1/2*a*t^2+Vo*t+Xo etc. to calculate displacements. It did so by collecting the accelerations in the
    EEPROM and then later the data was used with some program (I think it was Excel) to calculate and graph the displacements etc.

It was definitely done by Parallax staff and I think it was a sticky....I am old and the gray cells are not as numerous as they used to be.
    All that drinking did not help either.

I hope you can help me locate it.... I tried to search etc. but I cannot find it.....maybe it got moved to a book or something
    like the sensors one....but it is not in the one you linked me to.

THANKS for your help

Samuel
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2010-12-09 20:02
    SamMishal,

If this isn't it, we'll keep looking :-) ... here is a link to an excellent writeup by Andy Lindsay:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?76042-How-to-Accelerometer-(1)-Fundamentals-and-Tilt-Measurement&highlight=accelerometer+excel
  • SamMishalSamMishal Posts: 468
    edited 2010-12-10 02:21
    Hi Beau and Jessica,

THANKS very much for your help.... in fact the link Jessica gave me was IT... I looked at chapter 3 and the stuff I wanted was not there
    and me being an old fool I did not look at chapter 6 which is exactly what I was looking for..............

So THANKS...you found it... it is exactly what I needed.

Very many thanks for your great help and diligence and for all the AMAZING documentation and educational material.

Samuel