Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Vex transmitter — Parallax Forums

Vex transmitter

jivematjivemat Posts: 6
edited 2010-12-10 14:21 in Accessories
I'm sure someone has already done this but I was wondering how to get the Vex transmitter and the Boe-Bot to talk to each other. When I say that I am wondering about both code and wiring because I'm a mechanical engineer so neither one of those things are my strength but I am here to try to get better.

Comments

• Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-12-09 18:48
    VEX-NET or just t the pain old 75MHz VEx ?

Peter
  • jivematjivemat Posts: 6
    edited 2010-12-10 04:46
    75MHz VEX. I don't know if they still do but a few years ago they sold 75MHz VEX with the Boe-bot as a package on ebay and I bought one of those package deals. Well every since then I have been in college and haven't had the time to mess with it but now that I have graduated I figured I would get it out and see if I can't get it to work. So any advice you have would be appreciated.
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-12-10 08:44
    1st congrats ! on college . 09' Here ..
    the VEX system is just standard RC car stuff ..

the recever is a RF to serial adapter bascally .

I dont have the pinouts at hand but its 4 pins .

gound and V+ and data are there ..

do you have the brain also ??

Peter
  • jivematjivemat Posts: 6
    edited 2010-12-10 14:21
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "brains" but I have the controller (transmitter) and the little receiver that comes with it. But I also think you can hook everything up using the tether port on the controller for testing purposes?

I do know a little bit about serial connections because I used a serial connection to get my CMU camera to talk to my control board in another robot I built but honestly I would still consider myself a beginner when it comes to anything that would fall under "electrical engineering"